As long as I can remember, Chicken and Seafood Vegetable Stir Fry was always a favorite in our home. My dad fell in love with Asian cuisine after moving to the United States. We started our new lives living in a small town in Ohio. This town had a nice, cozy sit-down Chinese restaurant in their very small, historic down-town. Despite having energetic children, he would take us out every week to eat there. We got to know everybody in that restaurant, including the owner and his family. We also got to know their menu very well!
My dad’s creativity was always on full gear. He would try to recreate his favorite dishes from the restaurant. Over the years, it has evolved to contain my dad’s most favorite ingredients: chicken, scallops and shrimps. My dad also likes to add beef to his stir fry too.
The stir fry dishes were always appealing to us, because you can get delicious food, fast! My dad try’s to use as many vegetables as possible in his stir fry. The wonderful thing about this dish is, you can add the vegetables YOU like. We use zucchini, bak choy, peppers, onions, carrots, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms and a bit of garlic. I remember eating this as a kid and actually enjoying the vegetables , like it was sprinkles on a cupcake. We hope you enjoy your veggies as much as we do with this tasty stir fry!
- 1/2 lb Chicken breast
- 1/2 lb Scallops
- 1/2 lb Shrimps
- 1/2 zucchini (diced)
- 2-3 large heads of bok choy (chopped 1", leaves minced)
- 1 bunch broccoli (cut into florets)
- 8 whole green beans (trimmed)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 carrot (cut in straw form)
- 1/4 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch green onions (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil onto skillet. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat, flipping for even cooking. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Wash scallops in cold water. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Cook on skillet set on low heat. Cook for 15 minuets, during which excess water will boil out of the fish and pan. Once this has happened, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Fish should have golden color. Set aside.
- Peel and wash shrimps. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, during which water is released into pan. Cook long enough for water to boil out, then add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 salt. Allow for shrimp to cook until orange and have a nice light brown crust. Set aside.
- Place green beans and broccoli into pot with water. Bring to a boil, then remove vegetables from pot. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Place vegetables onto a skillet. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Fry the vegetables on high for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside
- Fry zucchini and bok choy on skillet with 1 teaspoon of oil. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Fry for 5 minutes on high, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Add carrots, onions, and bell peppers to skillet with 1 teaspoon of oil. Fry on high for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Right before cooking is complete, add garlic. Stir and remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients together. Top with green onions, if desired. Serve with rice.