It’s like a hot pocket that doesn’t leave you guessing what you just ate. We all love hot pockets, let’s admit. Why? Well, for one they are so good, despite the nutritional mystery behind them. Two, it’s a grab-n-go type of food. And we ALL love those! Whether you’re a busy professional always on the go, a student rushing to class or a busy mom with one too many things on your to-do list, this turnover idea is a great and filling food for all types of people.
I would say the two best things things about this meal is the ease and affordability of making it. It can be completed in less than thirty minutes and not many ingredients are required, so all those college students can jump on THIS meal plan, no problem! Secondly, you can get as creative as your heart desires with the filling. Add all the meats, veggies and spices you prefer. My father-in-law makes his with ground turkey, onions and chili powder. Simple!
- 2 Cups Pure Canola Oil
- 12 medium Flour Tortillas
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Dice 1 Yellow Onion
- Mixed Diced Onion with 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt into the bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of Chili Powder into the bowl
- Mix Salt, Chili Powder and 1 Diced Yellow Onion with Ground Turkey
- Wet the edges of Flour Tortillas with water until their are moist
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the flour tortilla
- Fold Flour Tortilla in half with filling in the middle.
- Seal the Tortillas
- Add 2 cups of Pure Canola Oil into a frying bowl
- Fry them 2 minutes on each side